Search This Blog

Friday, April 09, 2010

Don't Forget To Bring Your Chaperone

After all the child sex abuse cases that the Catholic Church has fielded in the past decade, this news item shocked me! I had two thoughts immediately that I decided to blog.

First, I was wondering if anyone would accuse the Pope of solicitation for this. I don't understand how anyone could fall for this a second time. Why would anyone who had been raped/sodomized under the guise of spiritual training, want to do it a second time with the leader of the church that raped them?

Second, this last paragraph caught my eye. "the Vatican has also sought to play down the crisis, accusing the media of exaggerating the problem." How exactly do you do that? How can you claim that the multiple sex-abuse scandals that have rocked the Catholic Church and cost them over a billion dollars is just a figment of people's imagination?

Whatever... All I can do after reading this story would be to provide some advice to the victims. Don't forget to bring your chaperone when you see the Pope; one of you might end up pregnant.