Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Defective Hard Drive

So I've been looking for a new hard drive in the last few weeks, something to replace the frequent-crashing-way-too-slow-way-too-small-10Gb-hard drive that I have right now.

I checked out Geeks.com for a good deal and found one there, but it sold out before I got all my money together.So I checked out NewEgg to see if they had any deals. I found a great deal on a 250Gb, 7200 rpm, 16Mb cache hard drive for $93.98 + $3.00 shipping.I got my hard drive yesterday...

Now I ask you... Out of all the hard drives and hardware equipment that NewEgg ships out every day, what are the odds of this happening...I plugged the hard drive into my computer, got ready to format the hard drive with my Windows Xp Pro Cd, but the hard drive wouldn't post to the computer.I checked all the connections, restarted the computer in BIOS to check all the settings there (everything was fine), and restarted the computer. This time my new hard drive made this sickening grinding sound and stopped spinning. It did not post this time either.What are the odds out of a thousand hard drives, that I would be sent the one defective they had.

Oh, well. I'm going to send the hard drive back to Newegg for replacement. It's gonna take me another 3-4 weeks to get my NEW hard drive for my computer.

I guess I'll just keep going on dreams.

No comments: